This project is read-only.

controls.css file missing

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Hi,

Installing spadrotator v2 sharepoint foundation 2010 site that I have upgraded from WSS3.0. The site used to have v1 but doesn't work, so putting v2 on. I can add the solution, deploy the solution then activate the site feature. I can then add the web part but get the following error:

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Cannot make a cache safe URL for "1033/styles/controls.css", file not found. Please verify that the file exists under the layouts directory. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.MakeBrowserCacheSafeLayoutsUrl(String name, Boolean localizable) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.CssLink.MakeCssUrl(SPWeb web, String cssFile, Boolean bInDesign) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.CssRegistrationRecord.get_CanonicalCssReference() at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.CssRegistrationRecord.Equals(CssRegistrationRecord other) at System.Collections.Generic.GenericEqualityComparer`1.Equals(T x, T y) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Contains(T item) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContext.RegisterCssReference(CssRegistrationRecord cssRef) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.CssRegistration.Register(String cssRef) at SectorPoint.Products.AdRotator.AdRotatorWebPart.CreateChildControls()  

It's only a single web server, I check in the web server extentions\14 for any css files and cannot find one called controls.css. Am I missing something here?

Ta

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I get the same thing!!!

any suggestions?